Sacred Path of Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Destination For Everything Pagan

Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Drawing Down the Moon
FAQs About Wicca EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:40 pm by xShadowx

» The Minor Arcana: The Wands
FAQs About Wicca EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 11:31 am by xShadowx

» The Minor Arcana: The Coins
FAQs About Wicca EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 12:38 pm by xShadowx

» The Minor Arcana: The Cups
FAQs About Wicca EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 1:31 pm by xShadowx

» History of Wicca
FAQs About Wicca EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:35 pm by xShadowx

» Salem Witch Hysteria
FAQs About Wicca EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 6:34 pm by xShadowx

» The Minor Arcana: The Swords
FAQs About Wicca EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:39 pm by xShadowx

» Introduction to the Minor Arcana
FAQs About Wicca EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:37 pm by xShadowx

» FYI: Book of Shadows in E-book PDF Format
FAQs About Wicca EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm by xShadowx

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Most active topic starters
xShadowx
FAQs About Wicca Vote_lcapFAQs About Wicca Voting_barFAQs About Wicca Vote_rcap 

Affiliates
free forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

FAQs About Wicca

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FAQs About Wicca Empty FAQs About Wicca Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:36 am

xShadowx

xShadowx
Admin

What is Wicca?
Wicca is based on the Witchcraft ways of Pre-Christian times. It was founded by author and High Priest Gerald B. Gardener in the early 1960s. Wicca is a nature based religion where initiates or solitaries attune themselves with the cycles of Life by honoring the God and the Goddess. The God and the Goddess are seen as two equal parts to one whole. They are the Father and Mother, Masculine and Feminine. Wiccans sometimes practice Witchcraft ways when doing magick. Magick in the eyes of Wiccans is simply taking the energies of this Earth and molding and manifesting it to produce certain results. Wiccans are in no way considered evil. They do not not worship the evil entity known as the Christian Devil.

Do Wiccans Worship Satan?
No. Wiccans see all things as being good and evil. Satan, the Christian Devil, was created by Christians of the early Church to scare people into converting to Christianity. Wiccans do not recognize a single evil entity such as Satan.

I am New to Wicca. How Do I Get Started?
You have come to the right place. Because there is so much information out there about Wicca in books and on the internet, it would be very hard for me to list every resource available to the public. I have listed on this site internet and book resources to refer back to if the information you are looking for is not on this site. To really know whether or not Wicca is right for you, many sources ask that you study this religion for a year and a day. If after that period of time is over, you can then decide if this is the right path for you. What is a year and a day you ask? Simply that. A year and a day of study. Because circumstances in life come up and are sometimes unavoidable, it is this period of time that allows us to tell ourselves if we are able to become practitioners of the Old Ways.

I Have my Tools and Supplies. Now What Do I Do?
Okay, so you went to a really expensive shop and bought some candles, some sweet smelling herbs, an expensive oak wand and your very own deck of Tarot cards. Now what? To be a Wiccan, you don't necessarily need all of these “things”. To practice true magick all you need is your powerful mind and the Great Outdoors. Everything else will come to you in its own time. I prefer to hand make all of my own Alter tools, and everything else can be bought at the supermarket. It is in the hand making process where items truly get their “magick”and “power”. You are putting a bit of yourself into that item, making it special to only you. When you finally bring home your tools or are done making them, you will need to bless and consecrate them. This means that you will need to ban, or get rid, any negative or unwanted energy. If you bought your items, it will have a commercial feel to it and won't “feel right” unless you consecrate it first. If you are making yours, then before you set about making a wand or pentagram, you will want to consecrate the material being used. Although Nature can be loving at times, it can also be very cruel. You don't know what that stick had been through before it landed at your feet. To see an example of a consecration ritual, got to the Verse Section and you will find it there under Consecration.

Do Pagans and Wiccans Have Rules?
As a matter of fact, yes, we do. First, we have the Wiccan Rede. It states (short version) “Bide the Wiccan Law ye must, In perfect love, in perfect trust. Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill: An ye harm none, do as ye will. And ever mind the Rule of Three: What ye send out, comes back to thee. Follow this with mind and heart, And merry ye meet, and merry ye part.” On this site you will find the full version. You will also find the Thirteen Principles of Wiccan Belief. Seventy three Witches founded the Council of American Witches in 1974. In April of that year, at the Spring Witchmeet in Minneapolis, MN, they adopted the Thirteen Principles of Wiccan Belief. At the time, Wicca and other Neo-Pagan religions were greatly misunderstood in North America. This document helped to set the record straight. The thirteen statements are necessarily vague. They do not precisely and completely match any one Witchcraft tradition, but they do provide an introduction to the full range of belief systems found within “Wicca.”

I am Wiccan, but my Family is Christian. Can I Still Go to Church with Them?
Yes. No where in the Wiccan Rede or the Principles of Wiccan Belief does it say that you can't. A lot of people do this and are okay with it. I prefer to stick with Wicca, but I won't judge or turn anyone else away for having beliefs other than my own. Wiccans should be non-biased and loving to everyone and everything. Wiccans therefore are not Anti-Christian.

Why is There so Much Secrecy?
When Christianity was born, people formed ideas and opinions about what they thought the Witchcraft definition said. Soon fear spread to all corners of the world and the New World and then soon after the Witch Hunts began. During the 'Burning Time', pagans and witches suffered major loss in numbers during the active Christian genocides, which continued into the 18th Century, but had reached a low ebb by the middle of the 20th century. It is worth pointing out that many of those accused of witchcraft and subsequently burned or hung (which was the usual outcome in England) were probably not witches or pagans. Practitioners of the Craft had to take their practices underground for fear they will be persecuted the same way.

How do I Find Out More?
Can't find what you are looking for? You can send me a message anytime and I will get you an answer within 36 hours. Also, on this site you will find a topic called Appendix, which underneath you will find a link called References and Resources. This is where you can look to find a recommended reading list and an online resource guide. If for some reason you still can't find your answer, try to meditate and see if the answer doesn't find you.

Please Don't Hesitate to Ask me Anything. I am Here if you Need Me.

https://www.facebook.com/Sacred-Path-of-Light-242337772462361/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]